Thursday, April 14

YALSA Teens Top Ten Nominations

Today, in honor of Support Teen Literature Day, the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) announced the Teen's Top Ten Nominations. Teens will vote August through September, and then during Teen Read Week in October, the final list of the 10 most popular books voted on by teens will be announced.  I've always thought this was a great list to share with my students, and to see how many I've read/listed as my favorites also. I've only read 8 of the 25 nominated books - I'd better get going!

2011 TTT Nominations

Drought by Pam Bachorz
I am J by Cris Beam
You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaudoin
Zombies vs. Unicorns edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier
The Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Love, Inc. by Yvonne Collins
Matched by Ally Condie
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Lies by Michael Grant
Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
Red Moon Rising by Peter Moore
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
The False Princess by Eilis O’Neal
Angel by James Patterson
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card
Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

No comments: